Monday, November 29, 2021

A Big Dang Bridge

Recently I made another trip to the Big Dam Bridge, which is a great place to visit (for exercising or just taking pictures if you're lazy like me). The bridge was built in 2006, and it's hard to believe that it's now 15 years old. I remember before it was built and people were complaining how it was a waste of tax dollars and that no one would bother using it. But since it opened the bridge has proven to be a popular place for visitors. There were several people out biking and walking while I was out there taking pictures.

IMG_1854-2

It was dark when I was out there, so there wasn't much of a view from the bridge. You couldn't really see much, besides the huge houses on the hill overlooking the dam and the line of traffic on the nearby I-430 Bridge. This part of the Murray Lock and Dam stood out, as it stretched out into the inky darkness along the River.

IMG_2002

No comments: