Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Collins Creek

Our next stop was Collins Creek, located just across town by Greers Ferry Lake. It is a great place to visit - incredibly easy to reach, with waterfalls that run year-round. I had hoped to see some lingering bits of snow there, but alas, it had all melted away.
P2062168

Not to toot my own horn, but I think I've gotten some good pictures from here. But I've been here so often, I think I might be getting a bit burned out on it. I hate to say it, but it just seemed like I was re-taking the exact same pictures that I've done countless times before. Luckily, the creek answered back. All of the recent rain and snow meant that a few extra waterfalls were dropping in at unexpected places.
P2062180

P2062183

There was a small outlet of the creek that had a few small falls on it, which had been dry during all of my previous visits. So I ended up heading over to explore it more. Since this area probably never sees any visitors, it was a bit overgrown with thorny vines. But this little side creek had several small waterfalls, which sliced through many mossy rocks.
P2062201

It was still early in the day - only 11:00 - which meant there was plenty of time to hit a few more waterfalls. Zack and I headed north towards Blanchard Springs, another place that is home to a steady waterfall that runs year-round. But like Collins Creek, we would discover another great waterfall surprise caused by the recent rains...

1 comment:

Matthew Kennedy said...

I wish I could have gone with you guys. I am anxious to see the Blanchard shots. I basically grew up in Mt View on the weekends and that was an old stomping ground.