Friday, June 10, 2022

Mt Judea

Deep in the Ozark Mountains sits the small community of Mt. Judea, which has a population of around 110. But for being such a small town, it boasts several neat and photogenic spots. For example, there was this old abandoned store with a rusty old Pepsi sign.

IMG_8421

And oddly enough, another rusty sign that was for Coke. I guess I should have checked the other side to see if there was one for Dr. Pepper or Sprite.

IMG_8424

And just outside of Mt. Judea is this grand old home, sitting alone and abandoned in a field. I wish I knew how old this place was, and how long it's been abandoned. I bet it's amazing on the inside.

P4300335-2

And probably one of the steepest and curviest roads in the state is Hwy. 123 which runs south of Mt. Judea towards Sam's Throne. It's a lot of fun to drive, and worth doing because the views from the overlooks at Sam's Throne are among the best in Arkansas.

P4300348

No comments: