Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Subiaco

Subiaco, which is near the town of Paris in western Arkansas, looks a little out of place when you first drive by it. The old buildings look like they were scooped up from Europe and then plopped down in the middle of a field in Logan County. The Abbey was founded in 1878 by Benedictine monks, and today it also houses a boarding school (which I know nothing about but I'm still just going to assume its like Hogwarts). The abbey is surrounded by pasture, which was covered with both cows and a blanket of wildflowers.

IMG_2523-3

Just a bit down the road is an old barn that I've taken a few pictures of over they last few years. It's slowly falling apart, and I was curious to see what kind of shape it was in now. This is my first shot of it, taken way back in 2011:

Still Standing

And the barn now in 2017. Not sure how much longer it will be standing...

IMG_2571

2 comments:

AEMS said...

"I'm going to assume is like Hogwarts"...:).
This is neat; I didn't know that it existed!

Cormackphotos said...

Thanks AEMS! It's a neat spot, lots to see in this area!