Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Buffalo River

After leaving Sam's Throne, we decided to visit a nearby landmark that would definitely be worth visiting early on a Saturday morning. That place was, of course, the Ozark Cafe in Jasper. After some pancakes, we headed back out and tried to find something to get a few pictures of. We stopped at a few places, including a waterfall that we hoped might be running (it wasn't).

I ended up driving back over to the Buffalo River. It's one of my favorite places to take pictures, so I like to spend as much time there as possible. I drove through Boxley Valley, and stopped at the old church...

P7279465

I then drove over to the Steele Creek access along the Buffalo River, and went out to take a few more pictures. I wanted to see how much the river had changed since the last time I was there. In March, I had a pretty memorable visit to this part of the Buffalo, since I proposed to my girlfriend along the riverbank. In the few months since then, there isn't as much water in the river but the view is still just as nice.

P7279505-2

No comments: