Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Haw Creek Falls

After Pam's Grotto, I had time to hit just one more waterfall before it started getting dark. These falls were just up the road, and didn't even require a hike to reach them. In fact, you can see them from the car. The falls are Haw Creek Falls, which aren't very tall but are still really neat. I've made many trips to this little set of falls over the years, especially while in college since they weren't that far of a drive. I even made it to these falls a few months ago.

There was a nice mist hanging over the creek...
Haw Creek Falls

The falls are only about six feet tall, but nearly stretch across the entire width of the creek...
Haw Creek Falls

I then decided to head on home, stopping in Russellville to get gas and work on the duct tape and garbage bags protecting the hole in my sunroof from the rain (it managed to keep out all the rain that day, but was defeated by the wind on the freeway). But in Russellville, the tornado sirens were going off. Turns out a nasty storm was brewing north of town that could be tornadic. I called a friend to ask kindly if he would turn on the weather so I could make sure I wasn't about to drive into a tornado. All of it was well to the north, so I was able to make it home instead of to Oz.

No comments: