Wednesday, April 20, 2022

A Dark And Stormy Night

Last week a few storms passed through town. So I did what any rational person would do during a lightning storm, and went out with a metal tripod to try to take a few pictures. I headed over to Fort Roots, which sits on the "Big Rock" and provides this great view of downtown Little Rock. The approaching storm cloud was ominously stretching out across the sky over the city.

IMG_7673

IMG_7676

From there I headed across the river and went to the top of a parking deck that I hoped would provide a view of lightning flashing over some downtown buildings. But despite being up there for an hour and taking hundreds of pictures while storms passed by, I had no luck. I was pointing the camera in the wrong direction, so I moved the camera towards the east and managed to get a few bolts of lightning off in the distance.

IMG_7828

I checked the radar on my phone, and the storm that was producing the most lightning had moved way off in the distance (it had moved past the airport and was around Scott). I changed locations again and ended up at the Clinton Park Bridge, which provided this view of the distant storm and the Clinton Library.

IMG_7848

No comments: