Thursday, June 25, 2020

Triple Falls

Before heading home, we made one last stop at the Buffalo River. I took my car back down the steep hill to Triple Falls, and Jonah was thrilled to see the waterfalls. I feel bad, like a negligent parent, that this was the first time he has been to a waterfall like this in person (but it won’t be the last for sure). This is a cell phone shot my wife took of Jonah and I looking around the base of the falls...

Untitled

The first few times I went to these falls they were barely flowing (the joke being that they were more like Trickle Falls instead of Triple Falls), so Jonah is lucky that they were flowing well on his first visit. It is a good waterfall to take kids though. Other than the road down the hill being steep (and sometimes rough), the walk to the falls is short and easy. The pool below the falls is usually shallow and seemingly great for little ones to explore. The only downside is that your 4 year old might get in the way of an annoyed nature photographer trying to take pictures of the 48 foot-tall falls.

IMG_3009-2

No comments: