Monday, June 29, 2020

Arkansas Arboretum

The other weekend I took Jonah for a little hike around the Arkansas Arboretum Trail at Pinnacle Mountain State Park. This is a great trail, especially for a four-year old. The trail is easy, and is just long enough to wear out my little one, who sometimes seems like he has an unlimited supply of energy. The trail is a nice and pleasant hike, and is usually less busy than the other trails at Pinnacle (we only saw one other family out there that day).

At one point, the trail runs by the Little Maumelle River, which was perfectly still with a mirror-like reflection.

IMG_3031-2

The trail then runs up and curves through the woods, with moss growing along the sides of the path.

IMG_3075-2

This is my favorite part of the trail, and I always try to take pictures here (much to the annoyance of Jonah, who would much rather run full-tilt down the trail while I'm trying to take pictures).

IMG_3099

My poor kid has grown up with me taking lots of pictures of him, and I think he's already over it. I wanted to get some pictures of him during this hike but he wasn't interested. I finally convinced him to sit still for a few minutes and managed to get a decent shot. Here he is actually holding out his finger saying "just one picture Dada."

IMG_3052-2

No comments: