Sunday, February 23, 2020

Tripod Test

I needed a new tripod since the legs of my old tripod had a tendency to randomly fall off (which isn't a great quality for a tripod to have). So when I got my hands on the new one, I needed to head out to test it out to make sure it works (which was just an excuse to go take a few pictures). I drove downtown and ended up at the top of a parking deck, sticking the camera on the new tripod and pointing it towards this view of the old Albert Pike Hotel (which was built in 1929).

Albert Pike

And another view from the parking deck, looking west towards Main Street.

Downtown

From there it was the quick drive over to the Clinton Library, where a short bridge crosses the Arkansas River onto a small island. The island was covered in sand, which I'm guessing was deposited there after the big flood last year. But all that sand made it seem like you could go and build sandcastles here in the shadow of the Clinton Library building and the old Clinton Park Bridge.

Mind The Gap

And some views of the Clinton Park Bridge, which was built 1899 for the Choctaw and Memphis Railroad.

Pinkey

I Am A Rock, I Am An Island

And the view looking across the little bridge onto the island, which was submerged last year during the floods.

Purple Haze

Two Bridges

And one last shot, as the tripod proved to do a pretty good job on a cold and rainy night (which was good, since we were about to go on a quick trip and it needed to work well).

By The Bridge

No comments: