Thursday, July 11, 2019

4th of July

On Independence Day I joined the crowd of people in Riverfront Park so I could make an attempt at some firework photos. I wanted to try to get a shot of the fireworks over the Junction Bridge, so I got there early (almost three hours before the show started) so I could claim a spot in the park that had a decent view of the bridge. It was a long wait, but fortunately the weather that day was perfect after some storms had managed to push out the heat and humidity. We were even treated to a nice sunset too.

4th of July

I did spend some time before the show started to carefully pick out what composition would be best. And when it got dark, I tried to work out the best camera settings for capturing fireworks. And then finally at 9:30, the fireworks started. But that meant that suddenly a bunch of people all rushed forward to get the best view. Which apparently was right in front of my camera. The shot I had envisioned during the long wait now had to be hastily changed, since there were a bunch of people standing in the way blocking my view of the bridge. But I managed to point the camera through a gap in the crowd and was able to get a few pictures of the fireworks.

4th of July

And one more shot, looking more closely at all the people jammed onto the Junction Bridge watching the fireworks.

4th of July

No comments: