Monday, January 3, 2011

Last sunset of 2010

I had to work on New Year's Eve, but luckily I was able to escape my cubicle with enough time to make a trip downtown in order to get a shot of the last sunset of the year. For the past several years I've been trying to get a shot of the last sunset on New Year's Eve, just because there is no chance I'm going to be awake in order to catch the first sunrise on New Year's Day.

But New Year's Eve was cloudy and rainy, so no sunset. Instead I ended up getting a picture of the last time it got dark in 2010. I headed to the Junction Bridge, which always provides a great location for views of the skyline.

I set up the camera and waited for it to get dark. For it being a Friday night, and a holiday, I was surprised that there weren't more people out on the bridge. There were two very polite homeless people who came by and wished me a "Happy New Years, sir."

As I waited for dusk to settle in, I tried to do a little pano shot from the bridge.


Little Rock from the Junction Bridge 31 December 2010.
(Click to view Zoomify version)



And here is the shot of the skyline at the last dusk of 2010:
PC318619

And even though it was cloudy, the sky did get some nice color in it...
PC318625

And one last shot, taken just as a light rain started falling...
PC318638

Hope everyone reading this has a good 2011, hopefully it's going to be better than last year!

No comments: