Sunday, January 30, 2011

Big Dam Blues

Last Monday, at about 10:30 at night, I went to take out some trash to the apartment dumpster. As I stepped outside, I was quickly engulfed in a thick fog. The fog would definitely qualify for being high on the pea-soup scale. It was probably the thickest fog that I had seen in awhile.

So I hurried to the dumpster and then went back to my place and grabbed the camera. It was kinda late, especially since I had to work the next day. But I thought that the fog might make for some interesting pictures. I got in the car and started driving to the Big Dam Bridge. It was eerie - the fog was so thick that I could barely see 15 feet in front of me.

I go to the bridge and set up the camera for a few pictures. The lights on the bridge shuffled through several color schemes. For some reason, the blue lights seemed to reflect off of the fog more than any other color.
P1249175

P1249193

I was out there for about an hour, mostly because the anticipation of the alarm clock going off at 6:40 the next morning was not a pleasant thought. And also, it was about 34 degrees outside, which cast a bit of a chill.
P1249197

Not surprisingly, there wasn't anyone else out at the bridge. Usually, you can hear cars or people talking on the bridge. But it was silent, with the only noise being the hushed sound of the river, the buzz of the streetlights, and the distant rumble of traffic on the I-430 bridge.

No comments: