Sunday, June 28, 2009

Downtown and the Junction Bridge

I hate summers in Arkansas. It is hot and muggy, and the lack of rain dries up most of the waterfalls. Yesterday was the hottest day of the year - with a high of 101. Thanks to the high humidity, the heat index was somewhere around 2000 degrees (give or take). With weather like that, you just want to sit in air conditioning and not do anything at all.

So of course, my day on Saturday was spent helping a friend move. And yeah it wasn't great, I don't think I've ever sweated that much in my life. You could just stand outside and start to sweat - it sucked. Only three more months until fall!

It wasn't that bad when I went out Friday night to take some pictures along the Junction Bridge (probably only in the low 90s). Usually when I take pictures there I have some sort of bizarre encounter with a crazy person. But not that night, in fact people were actually very polite. One person walked by and said "how are you doing, sir?"

But this was the view of the Little Rock skyline, as the sun was setting:
P6266079

And as it got darker, another view of the skyline from the bridge, along with the crescent moon.
P6266104

4 comments:

Windy Richardson said...

I didn't hate summers in Arkansas...until...until...my AC went out Saturday. o_0

Oh how I love the Junction Bridge. I never get tired of pictures taken of or taken from there. So glad it's reopened.

WindyBug said...

I totally used the wrong ID. That other is for my photoblog I haven't unveiled yet. I guess you can get a sneak preview.

Matt Kennedy said...

Yea moving sucked for me Saturday as well. Too damn hot. I was in bed by 9 I was so worn out, and I work outside all day every day!!!

Cormackphotos said...

Yeah - the AC hadn't been working well in the car, so I didn't like being soaked in sweat while driving to and from work.

Hopefully the crazies and Stranger Dangers will stay away from the bridge for awhile.

Matt - yeah, that had to be the worst day ever to move furniture. Luckily I was rewarded with beer afterwards.