Thursday, October 30, 2008

Tyler Bend

After lunch in Eureka Springs on Sunday, it was time to head home. I had the good timing to hit the Buffalo River again before it got dark, and made a stop at Tyler Bend.
Tyler Bend

Tyler Bend is another great place along the river. And since its the easiest to access from Little Rock, I've been lucky to have floated this spot along the river a few times. On Sunday I was there just a few minutes too late, most of the light was fading away. I ran along the river to find a good spot to get pictures, eventually standing along a gravel bar with this view of the bluffs.
Tyler Bend

On my way back I saw this view, and wished I had seen it earlier. It would have looked nice with more light on it...
Buffalo River

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny, my parents and I were up there on Saturday. I actually took some shots exactly where you took yours, except we were there at noon and the light was too harsh :P You should try to get up to Gilbert some time, that place is really interesting.

Take it easy :)

Cormackphotos said...

Ha, that's too funny. Guess it's hard to resist the call of the mighty Buffalo..