Monday, October 20, 2008

Bayou Bluff

From Goose Pond we turned to the north and headed into the Ozarks. Our next stop was Bayou Bluff, a National Forest recreation area along the Middle Fork of the Illinois Bayou. It is odd that this is a bayou, since it more compares to a typical Ozarks stream (and looked the polar opposite of the murky swamp at Goose Pond). The water was clear, and it looked like a perfect place to camp and go swimming (when the water is a tad bit warmer, of course).
Bayou Bluff

I didn't have my tripod with me, thinking that the daylight wouldn't make for good water shots anyways. I regretted it immediately, and tried to take some longer exposure shots with the camera sitting on a rock, or with me trying to stay very still. None of those turned out, of course.

But we got back to the car and headed on, towards Pedestal Rock and Kings Bluff. It would turn out to be a bit of a longer drive thanks to an accidental detour...

2 comments:

Jonw said...

I'm interested in this accidental detour...

Cormackphotos said...

Ask and you shall receive - more about our not being to read roadsigns in a post just put up!