Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Return Of The King

Way back in the olden days when I was just a wee young lad in college, I took a few pictures of an old abandoned store near Clarksville. Fast forward to present times, and I was surprised to see a few pictures of that same old building posted on Flickr. After two decades, the old store was still standing!

I was in Clarksville last weekend to pick up the pictures that had been on display at the University art gallery. So after loading up the car, I headed out to find the old store again.

IMG_2138

It still seemed to be in decent shape, except for a few holes in the roof. In fact, it didn't seem like much had changed in the last 20 years or so.

IMG_2173

IMG_2143

I tried to do some research on the building but had no luck. When was it built? Who was F.F. King? How long has it been abandoned? But alas, I had no luck.

IMG_2178

Before I headed home, I made one last stop at this old home near Clarksville (which looks abandoned, but I couldn't tell for sure?). The splash of color from the daffodils and other flowers in front of the old house was a nice little addition to the scene.

IMG_2183-3

1 comment:

Extra said...

I'm grateful for the clarity and simplicity with which you communicate.