Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Two Rivers

It was another dark and foggy night, so I headed over to Two Rivers Park to try to get a few pictures. The two rivers in the park are the Little Maumelle River and the Arkansas River, and the park sits right at the spot where the two rivers meet. A bridge crosses the Little Maumelle River, which usually provides views of the Arkansas River and the I-430 Bridge. But that night the fog was so thick that most of the bridge dissolved into the fog.

IMG_2507-2

And the view from along the bridge. Surprisingly, there were a few other people out walking the bridge that night.

IMG_2524-2

The thick fog began to break up, and drift down the river. Here you can see the I-430 Bridge briefly illuminated by the lights of a passing ambulance.

IMG_2538

I headed across the bridge and followed the trail, until it went beyond the lights into the inky darkness of the forest.

IMG_2558

And the same view reflected in a large puddle. I was startled by a bunch of deer that nonchalantly walked across the trail while I was trying to take pictures here.

IMG_2566

Most of the fog had dissipated, so I headed back to the car. I stopped for one last shot, looking back over at the I-430 Bridge and the clearing fog.

IMG_2578

No comments: