Monday, February 7, 2022

Downtown

Last week, there were some interesting clouds in the sky so I headed downtown to try to get a few pictures. I think the clouds were part of the system that ended up dumping some sleet and snow, which still hasn't all melted away. Anyways, I headed to the top of a parking deck to see what view it had, and got out the camera.

IMG_5145

The deck also had this view of the old Cathedral of St. Andrew, which was built way back in 1881.

IMG_5160-Edit

And then this view of the Simmons Tower, which is reflected in the windshield of my car (perhaps I should have photoshopped out some of the dirt to make it look cleaner).

IMG_5166

I headed back to the street and ended up stopping by the new Broadway Bridge over the Arkansas River. This is the view framed by the big trees that are growing right along the edge of the river.

IMG_5175-4

And one last shot, of the clouds passing over the historic Union Station (built 1921). After I took this I headed home, passing by crowded grocery stores as people were hurrying to buy their milk and bread before the icy weather hit.

IMG_5182-2

No comments: