Friday, July 16, 2021

Infrared BW

For my birthday I got a new camera - well technically it's not new, I guess. It's a used camera that has been converted to shoot in infrared black and white. Back in the olden days when I used to shoot film, I used to love shooting infrared black and white film. But it was notoriously tricky to use, and there were very few places that processed it back then (and nowadays there isn't anywhere in the state that does). I've been wanting to get an infrared converted digital camera for years, so I'm thrilled to be able to get out and take lots of pictures with it.

I got a used Olympus OM-D conversion, mostly as a way to use my old Olympus lenses from a few years back when I used to shoot with an Olympus camera. The first place I tried the camera out was the covered bridge located just outside of Little Rock. I took a few pictures but was perplexed that there was a weird smudge in most of the photos. Was I doing something wrong? Was there a problem with the camera? Nope! Turns out that I didn't bother to clean the old lens, which had been collecting dust for a few years...

We've Got You Covered

The next day I headed back out (after cleaning the lens), and got this shot from along a trail at Pinnacle Mountain State Park:

Pinnacle

No comments: