Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Dallas

Every year, Caroline's family has a reunion during the summer around the Fourth of July. This year it was held in Dallas, or actually the suburb of Frisco. Now Frisco has a warm place in my heart since FC Dallas' stadium is there, and we've made many trips there over the years. We spent most of the weekend in Frisco, but I did have a chance to head into downtown Dallas to take a few pictures one night. Luckily it had cooled off around sunset, since it was scorching hot down there (so hot that a can of Coke exploded in my car after it had been left in the heat for a few hours).

IMG_8731-2

From there I headed over to get a few pictures of the new Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge, which opened in 2012. The most striking part of the bridge is the massive arch, which towers over the Trinity River. The bridge was designed by Santiago Calatrava, who by wacky happenstance is the same person who designed places in New York and Toronto that I've visited lately. I guess I should join his fan club.

IMG_8747-2

IMG_8751-2

No comments: