Monday, May 28, 2018

Riverfest Fireworks

The Riverfest celebration in downtown Little Rock used to always end with a big fireworks show over the Arkansas River, but since the festival got new owners, there have been a few changes. One change was that the fireworks were moved to Friday night, at the beginning of the festival. I didn't know about the change until about 25 minutes before the fireworks show was scheduled to go off, but I had just enough time to grab the camera and hurry onto the freeway towards downtown.

I got to a spot along I-630, which provides a good (if distant) view of the fireworks through some of the downtown skyscrapers. The camera battery was nearly dead when I got there, but I managed to at least a few decent pics of the show before the battery died and I was attacked by mosquitoes.

IMG_6815-2

No comments: