Sunday, April 26, 2015

Stars over Pinnacle

Things have been a wee bit busy here in the past few weeks, as my wife and I have been going through the hectic and protracted process of buying a house.  But I've been trying to find some time to take pictures, in between inspections, signing papers and packing boxes.  One night I headed out to Pinnacle Mountain State Park to try to take a few star trail pictures of the old bridge over the Maumelle River. 

The bridge was built in the 1920s, and replaced by a newer span in the 80s.  But the old bridge was preserved as part of the park and is now the crossing for the Ouachita Trail.  It's also an easy place to get to for pictures at night.  I set the camera up and took pictures of the stars for about an hour and a half.  The skies managed to stay clear for the most part, except for some low clouds and a few planes (some I think from the Air Force base).

StarStaX_IMG_5653-IMG_5473_gap_fillingx-2

No comments: