Monday, May 19, 2014

Dagmar

I've fallen really behind in writing, so my apologies to the three people who ever read these posts! So the other weekend, I was driving back home after a quick road trip to Nashville. After crossing over the Mississippi River into Arkansas, I soon encountered the scourge of I-40: miles and miles of construction.

Around Brinkley, there was accident in the construction zone which backed up traffic for miles. Instead of sitting there and just staring at the bumper of the car in front of me, I decided to take a little detour onto Hwy. 70. Traffic was moving there at least, although it was fairly slow. But it went right by one of my favorite places to take photos in the state, the Dagmar Wildlife Management Area.

The sun was starting to set as I drove the dusty dirt road to Hickson Lake, which is lined with cypress and tupelo trees. The evening sun was streaming through the trees and reflected in the lake.

P5049156

It was quiet and peaceful on the lake. Only one other person was out there, and he was off fishing in a boat on the opposite of the shore.

P5049184

It was nearly dark when I left Dagmar, and luckily there wasn't any other traffic on the road when I stopped to get a few more pictures.

P5049226

No comments: