Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Welcome Back Cotter

Last year, Zack and I decided to make a spur of the moment trip and visit southern Missouri.  We didn't really plan anything out, but somehow managed to catch the Missouri Ozarks at just the perfect time.  The fall colors were right at their peak, and we saw some amazing places that are just a short distance over the border.  I've been wanting to go back ever since, especially during the fall.  But my schedule is going to be fairly busy the next few weeks (a wedding will do that, I guess).  So we decided to head up last weekend for a return visit.

Along the way up to the Missouri, we drove up through the small town of Cotter and stopped to take some pictures of the old bridge.  The bridge is an old rainbow arch truss bridge that was built in 1930 over the White River.  I had hoped it would have a bit more light on it at night, but it was a pretty place to stop.

PA040427-2

No comments: