Tuesday, January 29, 2013

On The Waterfront

I had the sudden realization that it had been awhile since I had picked up the camera and taken pictures.  So I headed out on Sunday night in order to rectify that.  It was after dark, but I ended up visiting Riverfront Park in North Little Rock.  My original plan was to maybe get pictures of the Broadway Bridge, since it's going to be torn down and replaced sometime soon.

But instead I stopped along the way and took a few pictures of some of the massive old trees that are growing along the River Trail. Many of the trees are huge, and must have been growing here for many decades. Here is a view of the Little Rock skyline, with a tree on the north side towering above it. It's amazing to me that these trees have survived here this long...

P1276046-2

No comments: