Monday, July 23, 2012

Stormy Weather

Last week, another storm moved through the area and brought with it a nice lightning show.  So I dutifully grabbed the camera and made another visit to the Big Dam Bridge.  On the drive through the bridge I was excited to see so much lighting, and hoped that it stick around long enough for me to get a few shots.  When I got to the bridge there was a lot of lightning still.  But alas, a low hill along the Arkansas River blocked most of my view.

This is probably the best of the lightning shots I got that night:

P7192393

Then I swung the camera around and got a few pictures of the bridge. The storm was breaking up, and the different layers of clouds were reflecting back the light in some neat ways. I think the orange is mostly a combination of lightning and city lights.

 P7192411

No comments: