Sunday, April 15, 2012

Bingham Hollow Falls

After spending time with the family in Charleston on Easter Sunday, I decided to visit a nearby waterfall on the drive back home. The waterfall was Bingham Hollow Falls, in the Ozark Mountains. To get there, you drive north from the town of Ozark into the Ozark National Forest. Did I mention that this waterfall is in the Ozarks?

From Ozark you drive about 20 miles or so from the freeway. Most of that is on a dirt road, but it was a smooth drive (other than getting my car dirty). The hike from the road to the falls is very short and level. But to get to the base of the falls means scrambling down some rocks along the bluff. I only wished that it had more water flowing through...
P4089540

It is a pretty cool waterfall. It's been measured at 51 feet, and there is a neat overhanging bluff under the falls.
P4089565

I'm definitely going to have to check this place out again. It's a very cool waterfall that's very easy to reach.

No comments: