Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Burns Park

It was cold and cloudy last Saturday, maybe only about 40 degrees outside. Nearly all of the fall color is gone now, though some nice patches are still sticking around. I cancelled some plans to make a longer drive out to take pictures, instead sticking a bit closer to home. My first stop was Burns Park in North Little Rock.

There is an old cabin in the park, built before the Civil War. I stopped there first - here is a shot looking in through one of the windows.
PB220075

And another shot of the cabin...
PB220087

And one more view, this time with some sepia and orton tossed in for fun:
PB220089 copy2

Just down the road is another spot, the covered bridge. This is a popular spot to fish and take pictures, and luckily there weren't many other people out there. As I was leaving, a group of people taking portraits started posing against the bridge.
PB220097

PB220103

PB220104

From there I went by the Old Mill, thinking that the chilly weather would deter people from heading out there. Boy was I ever wrong, the place was packed. There must have been a wedding going on there, it was as crowded as I had ever seen it. I didn't bother stopping, and instead headed towards downtown Little Rock for a few more shots before it got dark...

No comments: