Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Rose By Any Other Name

I decided to visit downtown Little Rock just as a huge storm hit. I drove over the Main Street bridge into downtown as the rain poured down, and was shocked that it was raining so hard that I couldn't even see the skyline right in front of me. High winds picked up newspaper boxes and tossed them onto the streets, which were starting to get flooded as the storm drains tried to keep up with all the water. I somewhat drove around a bit aimlessly trying to get pictures, but didn't take anything much since I mostly took refuge in the dry safety of my car.

I eventually ended up at a parking deck along Main Street, waiting for it to get dark for a planned skyline shot. As I waited, I walked around a bit and saw this view of a mural of a rose painted on the side of a building. The paint is chipped and worn, much like most of Main Street that it overlooks.
A Rose By Any Other Name

No comments: