Monday, October 13, 2008

Junction Bridge

I've spent the past week or so patiently waiting for the trees to change into their fall colors. The trees here have just barely begun changing, but within the next week or so should start to look very awesome. Until then, I haven't been out to take any pictures. So I grabbed the camera on Sunday, and first drove by the Old Mill, hoping to get a few pictures. But the place was overrun with people, so I gave up on it. But later on that night I went to another place here in town. Surprise, I went to one of our many pedestrian bridges, this time the Junction Bridge.
Junction Bridge

This was taken on the North Little Rock side of the river, which should provide the best views since you have the Little Rock skyline in the background. But unfortunately, the NLR side has a lot of clutter on the riverfront. Along the riverbank by the bridge are a set of old run-down boats, whose purpose being there is hard to understand. The place where I took the above shot was next to a spot where a crummy looking houseboat was moored along the river, with a giant "No Trespassing" sign next to it. Now, since I am a North Little Rock resident and a taxpayer, shouldn't I have every right to all the things stuck along a city park that my tax dollars go to maintain? Probably not, I'm sure.
Private Property

2 comments:

Jonw said...

Yeah doesn't seem quite right you can moor some old barnacle tubs along the shoreline for years, but you can't stand there for 5 min with a camera...

Great colors as always.

Cormackphotos said...

Thanks Jon! I was worried when I saw a police car drive by while I was taking pictures because they might tell me to move. They did slow down, but I realized they were probably wondering why someone would be out there taking pictures at night. They didn't stop, anyways...