Thursday, October 23, 2008

Gunner Pool

I happily took Monday off from work, and again set off to the Ozarks to try to catch some fall color. I had assumed the color would be farther along when I put in the vacation request, but I was looking forward to visiting a few great places. The first stop was Gunner Pool, along Sylamore Creek. A small dam built by the CCC during the Depression makes the pool, and there some neat low bluffs along the creek.

I had never been there before, and saw what I had missed all these years. It is beautiful little area. I did manage to get slightly lost, so I didn't have enough time there as I would have liked.
Gunner Pool

This is the small lake behind the dam...
Gunner Pool

A walked along the water to the dam, then slid down on a little trail to the creek. I was surprised to see this little waterfall running. In the background is the dam, which also had a waterfall streaming down it too.
Gunner Pool

And another shot of the waterfall...
Gunner Pool

I totally missed some other neat places at Gunner Pool, so I'll have to head back up there. But I was in a hurry. I was worried about having enough time at my next spot, Blanchard Springs...

No comments: