Saturday, November 20, 2010

Sunday Foggy Sunday

I'm not a morning person, and would happily prefer to sleep in all day if I could. But for some strange reason, I woke up just after dawn last Sunday morning. Normally I would just roll back over and go back to sleep. But instead I took a look out the window, and saw that a thick blanket of fog had settled in over my apartment complex. Awesome, this was perfect conditions for trying to get some pictures.

I grabbed the camera and headed out the door. It was about 7am, and most of my neighbors were sound asleep. The first stop was this stretch of woods, actually located adjacent to my apartment complex. The woods are a rare stretch of undeveloped land here in the city. The fog was mingling amongst the trees, with a bit of fall color still clinging on.
PB147397

I made my way again to the Park on the River, located on the edge of Maumelle. This is a neat park, and it still had some decent color in the trees. It's also a short drive from my apartment too. The road through the park passes by a small lake, so I headed down to get a shot of it in the fog:
PB147436

The fog was thick and made a great backdrop for the trees in the park...
PB147448

The ground was covered by a thick blanket of fallen leaves. This was taken right by the lake.
PB147460

The boundary of the park is lined by this white fence. I like the fence, since it tends to add a little special something to the scene. It looked really good in the fog too.
PB147494

The road heads down a hill to a small parking area next to the river. Being this close to the Arkansas River, the fog was thicker. I walked through this grove of trees, which stood out amongst the thick fog.
PB147518

This is a really neat park, but it is fairly new and not many people know about it. To get there just take the Maumelle exit on I-430 and follow Maumelle Boulevard to the stop light at Crystal Hill Road by the new Wal-Mart. Take a left onto Crystal Hill Road, and the turn-off to the park will shortly come up on the right side of the road.
PB147534

No comments: