Monday, December 22, 2008

I'm Dreaming Of A White (County) Christmas

There is a really nice old courthouse in the town of Searcy, located about 45 miles northeast of Little Rock. It's also another place that gets spruced up around Christmas, so I decided to drive up there the other day to take a few pictures. My plan was to get there right before dark, so I could take a few pictures at dusk. I forgot how long of a drive it was to Searcy, so by the time I got there all the nice color was gone.

But the White County Courthouse there is a fine old building, and I was happy to not encounter any crazy people out there.
PC200758
It would have been nice if all the lights were working, though.

PC200767

PC200774

On my way out of town, I noticed some strange lights off in the distance. I went to investigate, and it turns out the lights were decorations on the campus mall at Harding University. I'd never been on the Harding campus before, from what I saw it was a nice little college campus. They had strung up these lights that hung down from the trees - it was a nice effect.
PC200787

But Merry Christmas everyone (or Happy Hanukkah, or Kwanzaa, or whatever you want).

No comments: