Saturday, November 8, 2008

Pinnacle Mountain

After leaving Lake Maumelle, there was just one more neat place to stop at - Pinnacle Mountain State Park. I didn't have time (or the energy) to climb to the top, so I instead went to the crowded area at the base of the mountain, and pointed my camera at a large cypress tree along the Little Maumelle River. The tree is quite old, and has a nice collection of cypress knees along the shore and in the water.
PB019704

Notice all the debris and junk perched up in the tree in the background? Last time I was in this area, during the rains from Hurricane Gustav, this area of the park was flooded. That must be debris left from the high water.
PB019712

The cypress tree is huge, this is a view looking up from the base...
Cypress

About this time I got a call from a friend, who questioned my sanity since I was out taking pictures when I could instead be watching the MLS playoffs (one game had already started!). So I eventually left to watch the games, even if my heart really wasn't in it since FC Dallas missed the playoffs this season.

2 comments:

Jonw said...

Interesting to see fall foliage in the same shot with Cypress trees. Nice stuff...you're making me jealous for seasonal change.

Cormackphotos said...

Ha, sorry about that!