Friday, July 4, 2008

For the 4th

My apartment sits right on the border between a city that outlaws fireworks, and one that lets people shoot off any sort of explosive in honor of the 4th of July. After work tonight I strolled over to a fireworks stand that set up in a parking lot next to my apartment and picked up a few small explosives. I ended up getting the tank and hen, mostly for tradition. Growing up, my brother and I would always buy these fireworks, only to be disapointed when they failed to work right when lit. The little wheels on the tank would barely work, and the hen would tend to fall over.

But I bought them anyways, why not? And then took them home to take pictures of my prized haul. Happy 4th of July!
Happy 4th of July
And I love how it has "SAFE AND SANE" written on the tanks. Whew! That's good to know!

No comments: