Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Scott

From Mount Holly Cemetery, I headed out east to the small town of Scott. Located only about 15 miles from Little Rock, Scott contains a great little collection of old historic homes, churches and barns. I like to make the short drive there since it will consistently provide some different photogenic locations.

IMG_2625-2

This is just up the road from Cotham's, which has some good burgers that make for another good reason to visit Scott. I headed south, deep into the flat lands that surround the town. There are miles and miles of fields here, dormant for the winter. A few homes and farm buildings dot the landscape, and a few old churches. This old church, along the amusingly named Wampoo Lateral Road, looks like it has been empty for awhile.

IMG_2634-2

IMG_2648-2

Down the road is another church, in a much worse state of disrepair. The roof is sagging, and probably won't be standing too much longer.

IMG_2656-2

Next I headed towards the small town of Keo, which also has a nice collection of old buildings. This place is colorful, but also empty and abandoned.

IMG_2695-2

I drove out again, driving near Bearskin Lake and the Marlsgate Plantation. I randomly found a huge flock of birds, nesting in one of the fields. I wanted to get a bit closer, but it would have meant either driving or walking through someone's field. So instead I tried to take a few pictures while hoping the birds would decide to fly closer to me, but for some reason they never did.

IMG_2710-2

No comments: