Sunday, December 18, 2011

Little Rock

I've been meaning to update this site for a few weeks, but have been a bit distracted. So I'm just going to post a few pictures taken recently of Little Rock...

Awhile back, I met up with Shelby Brewer at the State Capitol to get some pictures of the Christmas lights there. It was a cold night, but here is a shot of capitol at dusk:
Capitol Holidays

The next day, I headed down to War Memorial Stadium to catch a high school football game. It was the 3A state championship game, between Charleston and Barton. I went there to cheer on Charleston, even if I'm not from there or attended high school there. But a good number of my relatives hail from Charleston, so I went to throw my support behind them.

I got to the stadium before the game, and met up with my family. One Aunt was busy making a sign, and I suggested a sign saying "Beat FARTon," which was ignored, for some reason. This is a shot of War Memorial Stadium at the start of the second half.
War Memorial Stadium
Barton was winning then, 10-8. But in the second half, Charleston would rally and go on to win the game 31-10.

A few days later, a very thick fog had settled over the city. After work, I ended up meeting Zack and we headed out into the fog for a few pictures. One of the stops was a parking deck, which provided this view of the old Albert Pike Hotel:
PC137123

And this is the view from the other end of the parking deck, looking west:
PC137125

After that, we got a few pictures of the Junction Bridge and then went into the warmth of the Flying Saucer.

No comments: