Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pizza Hut Park

Last weekend I made my third trip to Texas this year to catch a soccer game. The MLS season is winding to a close, and this was the last regular season home game for my beloved FC Dallas. They were playing the Vancouver Whitecaps, who are one of the new teams in the league this year.

I brought my camera to the game but didn't really try to take many pictures. Most of the game was spent trying to drink out of the "Brek Shea for MVP" mug that I got from the beer garden, and answering a few occasional questions about the rules of the game (like what an offsides call means). But this is a shot taken after Dallas scored a goal, showing a few nearby fans using their vuvezelas.
PA154786
Stupid vuvezelas!

FC Dallas are currently tied for 3rd place in the league, with only one regular season game left. They have already clinched a spot in the playoffs, which means that I face an unfortunate dilemma in the next few weeks. The playoffs just happen to occur at the exact same time that the fall colors in the Ozarks and Ouachitas are at their peak conditions. So I'm going to be torn between watching the playoffs, or going out to the woods and trying to get a few decent pictures. It really makes me wish that the campgrounds around the Buffalo National River had satellite tv with Fox Soccer Channel and ESPN.

No comments: