Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Oak Grove

Oak Grove is a small community in Pulaski County, located west of North Little Rock and stuck between the freeway and Camp Robinson. I drove through there a few months ago, on a random search for something interesting to get a picture of. I found one spot, an old gas station. I didn't have the camera with me, so I set it aside for a day when I had some free time to head back out there.

I made the short drive over there yesterday, and found the gas station again. It's old and abandoned, but does feature a leather recliner that overlooks the passing traffic of Hwy. 165.
Oak Grove

You can tell the station has been shut down for awhile now. The old relic of a pump still shows how expensive gas was the last time it went into service - a bargain at $1.22 a gallon.

No comments: