Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Foggy Bottoms

Our wonderful little toddler has taken to waking up very early in the mornings now, which isn't as much fun on the weekends. But sometimes it has its advantages - earlier this month I groggily got out of bed and noticed there was a thick fog outside. So while Caroline stayed home to watch a few Paw Patrol episodes with Jonah, I grabbed the camera and hurried off to take a few pictures before the fog cleared. There was one spot that I've been wanting to get pictures of during a thick fog, and this seemed like a perfect morning. So I drove east towards Scott, towards a small lake that is filled with tons of cypress and tupelo trees.

Of course, the thick fog dissipated by the time I reached the lake. But just a little bit still drifted above the water, and I managed to get a few pictures before heading back. I managed to get home before some heavy storms hit, which included a small tornado that passed by not too far from our house. That same storm system ended up making another tornado that passed through the same area I took this photo, causing some injuries and damage.

IMG_2481-3

No comments: