Monday, April 9, 2018

On Broadway

I recently tried to get a few shots of the new Broadway Bridge, which spans the Arkansas River between Little Rock and North Little Rock. I went after work, and realized I probably should have at least changed out of my work clothes since I had to climb over some muddy rocks to get to this vantage point along the river.

IMG_5016-2

The new bridge opened last year, replacing an older bridge that dated back to 1923. That bridge was deemed to be structurally deficient, so like so many other old things in Little Rock it was torn down. I didn't like that the old bridge was demolished, but I have to admit that the new bridge is growing on me.

IMG_5037

IMG_5048-Edit-2

And a pano shot, taken from one of the ramps that connects the bridge to Riverfront Park in North Little Rock.

IMG_5071-Pano-2

Before heading home, I made one last stop at the State Capitol Building. I parked in a parking spot that was marked reserved for a state senator and hurried to get a quick shot. This is the capitol reflected in the hood of my car. Luckily it was dark so you can't tell how badly my car needed to be washed.

IMG_5120-2

No comments: