Saturday, July 15, 2017

4th of July

We had some free time during the Independence Day holiday, so we ventured down into Hot Springs. It was hot and sunny, and Central Avenue and Bathhouse Row were busy and crowded with people. I tried to take a few pictures, and ended up with this shot of the Quapaw Bathhouse, which was built way back in 1922.

IMG_4675-3

On the 4th of July, I headed to downtown Little Rock to try to get some pictures of the fireworks show over the Arkansas River. I had planned on taking pictures from the top of a parking deck, but everything there was locked and shut (probably to keep people from going up there to watch the fireworks, I guess). So I ended up heading to the Clinton Park Bridge, which stretches across the river by the Clinton Presidential Library. It wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be, and it was a fairly good spot to see the fireworks.

IMG_4975-2

No comments: