Sunday, October 9, 2016

Downtown

Last weekend, I headed Downtown to make an attempt at getting a shot of the International Space Station as it made a pass over Little Rock. We went and set up at the top of a parking deck which provided good views of the skyline. The pass was to happen about 20 minutes or so after sunset, so while waiting I got a few shots of the city before it got dark. This is the view of the competing steeples of the AT&T Building and the Cathedral of St. Andrew, which was built in 1881 and was the tallest building in the city for several decades.

IMG_3603-2

And the view looking north, towards the intersection of Center Street and 6th Street.

IMG_3694-2

The Space Station passed overhead, but my pictures didn't quite turn out like I wanted. Oh well. It'll be back sometime soon, hopefully! Before we headed out, I got one last shot of the Simmons Tower, which at 40 stories is the current tallest building in Little Rock (and in Arkansas).

IMG_3738-2

No comments: