Sunday, December 27, 2015

Searcy

The oldest documented church building in the state of Arkansas sits just outside of Searcy. It's actually near where my In-laws live, so on a recent visit I headed over to the church. It was pouring down rain, which I hoped would look neat in pictures (it didn't, everything just really looked really wet). But it's a neat old church, constructed back in 1856 at the intersection of two wagon trails. The church has been recently renovated and is in great shape, considering its age.

IMG_1460

A few hours later we drove back through Searcy and went by the old White County Courthouse. The courthouse was built in 1871 and is believed to be the oldest functioning courthouse in the state.

I'm Dreaming Of A White (County) Christmas

It was pouring down rain when I took these, so please forgive me for one or two stray rain drops on the lens.

IMG_1473

IMG_1476

No comments: