Monday, August 31, 2015

England

I headed back out to try to get some more pictures in the Delta, this time driving around the small town of England, Arkansas. I chose England because there are a lot of old farm buildings scattered around, and also because it's pretty close to Little Rock. I drove through the smooth flat lands surrounding England, passing by swarms of bugs that made the car windshield look spotted and pockmarked, like the craters on the moon.

I went down this side road, and eventually passed by this old building. Not sure what this used to be, but the plants in the fields around were tall and green.

IMG_3308

This little dirt road stretched off towards the horizon, heading deep into a farm.

IMG_3361

I headed into England, which has a population of about 3,000 people. Along the way, I saw this old Coke machine sitting in front of a place that didn't look like it had been open for awhile. I don't know what it was, but there was something that I thought was rather a-peeling about this shot.

IMG_3390

There was a nice sunset going on overhead, and I tried to rush around trying to find a good spot to shoot it from. I found this spot, with what I'm guessing are grain elevators in the foreground. I got a few shots here, but the glow in the sky only lasted a few minutes.

IMG_3413-6

There is a small fishing pond nearby, which provided this view of the backside of the grain elevator. I was actually smart enough to bring bug spray with me, but it wasn't much of a defense. The spray was like bringing a knife to a gunfight, the mosquitoes got through and attacked like sharks. I got a few pictures before retreating back to the car and heading back home.

IMG_3440

No comments: