Sunday, May 31, 2015

Hawthicket

A really good photographer that I follow (Linda Henderson) posted a few photos of an old church, which of course made me want to go and find it. I've been trying to track down a bunch of old churches around the state, with the thought of eventually taking some star trail pictures there. So last weekend I headed out to the old church, which is located near the small town of Mt. Vernon.

The day had been clear, and the weather predicted it would be clear for the rest of the night. So I rushed home after work and got the camera gear and then sped off towards the church. But of course, some storm clouds crept in. The day would turn out to be better for waterfalls and not stars. Oh well. But it is a very photogenic little church, no matter what the weather is like.

IMG_8012-2

Some wildflowers were growing up next to the church. I took this as a small storm was moving by, it started raining a few minutes later.

IMG_8070-2

No comments: