Thursday, September 19, 2013

Around Nimrod

Got in the car last weekend with the hope of finding something to take pictures of. It wasn't ideal weather for photos; bright sun and absolutely no clouds. But I headed out anyways, since there were a few places that I wanted to drive by and check out. Which I eventually was able to, even if I missed my turn twice and drove about 30 miles out of the way.

I drove down a dusty dirt road that cut through the Ouachita National Forest. Along the way it passed by a few old barns and old homes, baking in the summer heat.

P9150112-2

P9150133

The next stop was the old Wallace Bridge, which crosses the Fourche La Fave River. The bridge was built way back in 1909, and nearly destroyed a century later. In January of 2009, a delivery truck tried to cross the bridge but it was too heavy and the bridge collapsed. After being closed for nearly a year and a half, the bridge was repaired and reopened. I crossed it to take pictures, and made it across without any damage to the bridge.

P9150178

From there I drove to the small and amusingly named town of Nimrod, Arkansas. There is an old church/community building (?) there that I wanted to take pictures of. The building is definitely old, and is flanked by two tall trees. There were even a few outhouses out behind the building.

P9150210

P9150282

P9150290

And one lost shot, taken from the nearby cemetery...

Nimrod

No comments: